Walk Safely to School Day
Friday 19 May 2017
The objectives of Walk Safely to School Day are:
- To encourage parents and carers to walk to school with primary school age children and reinforce safe pedestrian behaviour.
- To promote the health benefits of walking and help create regular walking habits at an early age.
- To ensure that children up to 10 years old hold an adult's hand when crossing the road.
- To help children develop the vital road-crossing skills they need.
- To promote the use of Public Transport.
- To reduce the level of air pollution created by motor vehicles.
- To reduce the level of traffic congestion.